Mariupol City Hospital No. 9 received two expert class ventilators from the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation and Metinvest
On October 1, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation together with Metinvest handed over two artificial lung ventilation devices manufactured in France to doctors of Mariupol City Hospital No. 9. The presentation took place within the framework of the project Fighting COVID-19 in Ukraine, which became part of the large program Rinat Akhmetov – Saving Lives.
- Rinat Akhmetov was the first to help the country and allocated 300 million hryvnias for the fight against coronavirus. Back in February, state hospitals from different regions of Ukraine started receiving the equipment and supplies they needed the most. Artificial lung ventilation devices became the main medical need. To close this deficit, the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation purchased 204 high-end ventilators. More than 140 devices have already been transferred to doctors from 12 regions, " Natalya Yemchenko said, a member of the Supervisory Board of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation.
Representative of Metinvest, Director of personnel and administration of the Azovstal metallurgical plant Konstiantyn Voitsekhovsky noted that the Donetsk region has already received 37 ventilators from the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation. Six of them save the lives of patients in hospitals in Mariupol.
- This equipment is among the most modern in the world, but most importantly – it is easy to use and largely eliminates the influence of the human factor. Therefore, the transferred devices can be used immediately after installation, which is very important in an epidemic when you need to save lives here and now, - Konstiantyn Voitsekhovsky said.
He added that medical institutions in Mariupol also received from the Foundation more than twenty thousand rapid tests, personal protective equipment for doctors, a sample analyzer complete with a test system and a Biosafety box, and other equipment necessary for conducting high-precision analyses.
Director of Mariupol city hospital No. 9 Oleksandr Zhelezniak thanked the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation for their help.
- Today is a special day for our institution. We receive these wonderful devices from the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, which will allow us to provide even better medical care. Now there are a lot of patients in our hospital and the new devices came in handy. It is impossible to overestimate the contribution of Rinat Leonidovych and his Foundation to the fight against COVID-19. We know from our colleagues from other hospitals what good devices the Foundation has purchased and how they help serious patients. Therefore, on behalf of the entire team and patients, I thank you for this help, - Oleksandr Zhelezniak said.
Mayor of Mariupol Vadym Boichenko noted that the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation is a bright example of systematic, comprehensive and timely assistance to Mariupol in the fight against coronavirus.
- In this fight, we felt support and support. We received vital rapid tests, a powerful PCR laboratory that performs 200 studies a day and gives us the opportunity to make quick decisions. Without ventilators, it is impossible to help serious patients. It is important that these devices will serve the residents of the city of Mariupol after the pandemic. When we see such a unity of business and the municipality, we, as a city, and I, as the mayor, have confidence that we can handle any challenges. I thank the Foundation and Rinat Leonidovych personally for the systematic assistance, - Vadym Boichenko said.
According to the adviser to the Governor of the Donetsk region Mykola Trofymenko, in the region every day record an increase in the number of cases, but there is no reason to panic:
- Our healthcare system is absolutely ready for any challenges related to COVID-19. Our hospitals are provided with personal protective equipment and equipment. Of course, without the systematic assistance of socially responsible big business, we would not be fully prepared for this struggle. We thank the Foundation and Rinat Leonidovych for such generous assistance.
Olha Tymoshenko, head of the Department of anesthesiology and intensive care at Mariupol City Hospital No. 9, joined in the Acknowledgements.
- Our Department today accepts severe pneumonia from all over the city, including COVID pneumonia. Of course, there is a lack of technical resources. Many thanks to the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation for expanding our opportunities to help the residents of our city, - Olha Tymoshenko said.
Since the beginning of the coronavirus epidemic, state hospitals in Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia, Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk, Poltava, Ternopil, Rivne, Zakarpattia and Kharkiv Oblasts, as well as in Kyiv, have received modern ventilators from the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation.
Fighting COVID-19 in Ukraine is a large-scale project of the Foundation created to help save people's lives. It is implemented under the program Rinat Akhmetov – Saving Lives. Earlier, Rinat Akhmetov launched 200 Ambulances for Ukraine, which was was implemented as part of this program. Back then, all regional state medical institutions received 200 special vehicles with state-of-the-art military equipment that can get over off-road conditions within the record time of six months. Moreover, 22 vehicles equiped with ventilators`for newborns were also delivered. This is the largest contribution made by one philanthropist to the state medicine of Ukraine since our country became independent. These days, many of these ambulances are involved in the fight against the coronavirus epidemic.
Read more about the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation's assistance to the country in the fight against COVID-19 in the review materials: