Verkhovna Rada passed the Draft Law on Implementation of the Global Fund Programs
Verkhovna Rada passed the Draft Law on Implementation of the Programs of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in
According to the Draft, granting (sub-granting) operations paid by the Global Fund grants (sub-grants) including procurement (import) of goods, works and services will be exempted from tax under the tax legislation and from the customs duties in accordance with the Law “On Single Customs Tariff”.
The Draft Law also contains a norm which regulates that grants (sub-grants) received by a budgetary funds manager must be included into a special state or local budgetary fund and be used in accordance with the budgetary legislation regulations.
It is also assumed that a grant (sub-grant) received by a state agency, local self-government or an enterprise, entity or organization established by it, will be implemented in line with the grant agreement and Global Fund guidelines on:
- procurement of goods, works and services;
- salary (allowance) payment and/or remuneration for staff members and/or individuals involved in implementation of the Global Fund Programs (except the civil servants) including taxes and duties (compulsory payments) and the single contribution to the compulsory state social insurance paid along with salaries);
- reimbursement of business trip expenses for people involved in implementation of the grant (sub-grant) agreement;
- reimbursement of administrative expenses related to implementation of the grant (sub-grant) agreement;
- reimbursement of other expenses related to implementation of the grant (sub-grant) agreement.
Law implementation will allow
The Draft Law was elaborated by the State Service of Ukraine to overcome HIV-infection/AIDS and other socially dangerous diseases with participation of the interested ministries and agencies as well as the civil organizations. The document was approved at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on January 16, 2012.