The winners of the competition for the implementation of advocacy projects in the regions within the “Advocacy: mobilization of political will” component
The Charitable Foundation “Intellectual Perspective” on December 23, 2011 announced an open call for applications for grants to implement the advocacy projects aimed at mobilizing political will and raising public awareness to help combat the TB epidemic in Ukraine.
The competition was held under the project “Effective involvement of the public at large and the civil society in the mobilization of political will and raising public awareness on issues related to TB disease”.
The project is funded by the Foundation for Development of Ukraine in the framework of the “Stop TB in Ukraine” Program of the Round 9 of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The 24 applications for the competition were received from five oblasts of Ukraine from the twenty-four companies.
The following 10 organizations won the competition:
1. The Association “New Horizons” (Drohobych, Lvov oblast)
2. The Zhydachev rayon center of community service of Ukraine (Zhydachev, Lvov oblast)
3. The Ukrainian-Polish Journalists Club Without Prejudice (Lvov)
4. The SALUS Charitable Foundation (Lvov)
5. The Nikolaev Oblast Charitable Foundation of TB control, “Vita-Lite” (Nikolaev)
6. The Nikolaev Oblast NGO “Independent Social Advocacy and Human Rights Protection” (Nikolaev)
7. The Kharkov oblast public organization “Association of Community Development” (Kharkov)
8. The non-governmental organization “Club “Impulse” (Pavlograd, Dnepropetrovsk oblast)
9. The community in honor of the icon of the Mother of God “Joy of All Who Sorrow” of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (The Hospital Church of the deanery of hospital chapels of the Dnepropetrovsk diocese of the UOC) (Dnepropetrovsk)
10. The Donetsk Oblast Charitable Foundation “Center for Social Development “Bridge”.
The CF “Intellectual Perspective” congratulates the winners and looks forward to fruitful cooperation.