Peaceful summer for Donbass children — application process is opened
Today we begin accepting applications for summer holidays, which are organized by the Rinat Akhmetov Humanitarian Center for the children of Donbas, living on both sides of the contact line.
500 pupils from Donetsk, who survived the horrors of war, will rest under the "Peaceful Summer for Donbas Children" program of the Center in the camp of Svyatogorsk. Children from 8 to 14 years, residing on the uncontrolled territory or in the "gray zone", as well as the displaced persons, can spend two weeks outdoors in a pine forest next to a lake with a sandy beach. The summer season in the camp will last from July 1 to August 11, in three sessions 14 days each.
The "Peaceful Summer for Donbas Children" project of the Rinat Akhmetov Center is aimed, first of all, at ensuring that children who suffered during the hostilities feel safe and get psychological rehabilitation. For this purpose, psychologists who have been trained at the Humanitarian Center on the course of "Trauma of War" will work at the camp. With the help of games, art therapy and master classes, they will help children cope with fears, reduce anxiety and develop communication skills. Professionals will create an atmosphere of relaxation, safe space and comfortable communication" - Andrei Khvorostyanko, project manager of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation, said.
Children won’t get board there. They will play games and engage in interesting activities. On the territory of the camp there is a football field with an artificial surface, volleyball and basketball courts, a table tennis hall (ping-pong). In addition, every child will be able to find an activity he likes. There will be 10 hobby groups in the camp: tourist, vocal, drama, drawing, pyrography, stone cutting, as well as tennis, dancing, chess, weaving and even clay therapy.
By the way, 3,500 pupils of junior and middle classes were able to relax under the "Peaceful Summer for Donbas Children" program. They are children from large families, single-parent families, inmates of family-type orphanages. This is the only opportunity for hundreds of Donbas children to improve health and overcome the "trauma of war".
In order to go to the camp, you need to apply on the Rinat Akhmetov Humanitarian Center website through the "Online Assistant" service or call the hotline: 0 800 509 001. Priority will be given to children from families with many children or incomplete families.
Children will rest from July 1 to August 11, 2018 in a forest camp in Svyatogorsk.
Possible holiday options:
- 1st session from 01.07.18 to 14.07.18
- 2nd session from 15.07.18 to 28.07.18
- 3rd session from 29.07.18 to 11.08.18
What documents should be submitted?
- photocopy of the child's birth certificate;
- photocopy of the passport of one of the parents with the place of residence;
- photocopy of the TIN of one of the parents;
- photocopy of the certificate of displaced person (for displaced persons);
- epidemiological certificate;
- health certificate from the healthcare institution (form 079/U);
- certificate/extract from the vaccination card (including the date of the last vaccination), namely:
- BCG (vaccination against tuberculosis, at least 1);
- DTP (vaccination against pertussis, diphtheria, tetanus);
- Poliomyelitis vaccination (IPV, OPV);
- PDA ("Prioriks") vaccination against measles, epidparotitis and rubella;
- consent of parents for the psychologists to work with a child;
- photocopy of the certificate of a large family/document confirming the status of a single mother.