Summer vacation for Donbas children: the terms and conditions of application acceptance are expanded
The acceptance of applications for free summer vacation of children from Donetsk region, who live in the "grey zone" and non-government-controlled areas, is prolonged until July 22. The age limits are also expanded: now children of 8-14 years old can take part in the free vacation program.
"A lot of calls are coming to our hotline from families living in the areas of military actions with children older than 12. Many of them have no financial possibility to provide their children with summer vacation. The Center decided to increase the age limit of program participants to 14, so that more of those kids willing to rest and improve their health could do it. As of today the Center has already received more than 450 applications", – Iryna Temerko, the Head of “Targeted Assistance” direction at the Humanitarian Center, shared.
"Peaceful Summer for Donbas Children" program is aimed at children of 8-14 years old living in non-government-controlled areas and "grey zone" of Donetsk region. The priority will be given to children who did not participate in this program last year and kids from large or one-parent families.
During the month there will be two shifts opened through 1-14 of August and 15-28 of August in Albatros camp (Strilkove settlement, Kherson region), which will host 300 children. And there is one shift in Soniachnyi camp in the centre of Sviatohirsk recreational zone through August 1-14 for 200 children.
Parents pay for tickets to the camps on their own. The stay in summer camps is completely covered by the Humanitarian Center.
Aside from the big entertainment program there will be two teams of psychologists working in the camp, they took the training on the "War Trauma" course provided by Rinat Akhmetov Humanitarian Center last year. Psychologists will be giving classes and consultations aimed at stabilization and improvement of mental and emotional state of a child, anxiety reduction and communicational skill development.
The application for child's participation in the program can be sent until July 22 via the hotline of Rinat Akhmetov Humanitarian Center 0800 509 001 or via email: [email protected] (it is mandatory to put SUMMER2016 in the subject of your email).
The list of documents required for participation in the program:
- a copy of the child's birth certificate;
- a copy of one of the parent's passport with indicated registration;
- a copy of one of the parent’s identification code;
- a copy of IDP certificate (for IDPs);
- certificate of epidemiological environment;
- health certificate from medical institution (079/У form);
- certificate/abstract of vaccination record (incl. the date of last vaccination), especially:
- BCG (vaccination against tuberculosis, at least 1);
- DPR (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis vaccination);
- Polio vaccination (inactivated polio vaccine, oral polio vaccine);
- MPR (Priorix) ‒ vaccination against measles, parotitis and rubella;
- parents' consent for psychologists to work with children;
- parents' consent for making photos and videos of the child as part of the project;
- a copy of large family certificate/document proving single mother status.