Humanitarian aid for residents of half-ruined Vuhlehirsk
Since December 3, 2015, the volunteers of Rinat Akhmetov Humanitarian Center started issuing humanitarian aid to local civilians of benefit-entitled categories in Vuhlehirsk, Donetsk region. The town is located in non-government-controlled area of the region and it was severely damaged during the military actions, more than half of buildings were destroyed.
During two weeks the mobile team of volunteers will be working in the mode of fixed issuing point there. "During this time we are planning to provide 3,000 people with survival kits. 90% of them are retired people older than 65. Also, according to our information, there are many babies under three years old and families with many children there. Vuhlehirsk is located not far from Debaltseve, it suffered many destructions. Those who stayed in this town need support", – Andriy Sanin, the Head of Humanitarian Center's logistic warehouse in Donetsk, said.
The issuing point in Vuhlehirsk is opened at: 25, Traktorna str. (the building of municipal Palace of Culture)
Working hours: Monday-Friday, from 10:30 to 15:00.
The list of benefit-entitled categories of population who can receive packages from the Humanitarian Center:
- People with 1st and 2nd disability groups
- Single parents with children under 18 (including widows/widowers with children under 18)
- Families with many children (3 or more children, all of them are under 18)
- Retired people over 65 years old
- Families with disabled children
- Families with adopted children, orphans and children whose parents' rights are annulled
- People, who obtained disability during the military actions in Afghanistan or other places of military operations
- Pregnant women of any gestational age that are registered according to the established procedure
- Orphans under 23 years old
More details on the operation of mobile team in Vuhlehirsk can be obtained via online help on the website of Rinat Akhmetov Humanitarian Center. How the humanitarian aid will be issued, how to register and what documents are required: all these and other questions can be answered via the online help service.