The Rinat Akhmetov Foundation’s National Project the Week of Civilians to Be Held in Ukraine for the Fifth Time
The Rinat Akhmetov Foundation is going to hold the Week of Civilians event for the fifth year in a row. Over this period, the project has grown into an event of a national scale. This year, the project activities will take place in Kyiv, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia, Vinnytsia and Cherkasy.
“I am sure that the time will come when we will rebuild Ukraine, and I will invest all my strength and funds for Ukraine to recover and become a strong and prosperous country. Years will pass and historians will try to rethink everything we lived through, leaving only dates and replacing the fates of thousands of people with the names of settlements. This cannot be allowed. We must keep it in our memory and should do everything so that the tragedy of the Ukrainian Civilians never happens again!” the Founder of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation.
- In Dnipro, Vinnytsia and Cherkasy the Museum of Civilian Voices of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation presents the performance Faces of the Colour of War, which is based on actual events and shows the life of people in the occupied Mariupol. Spectators will be able to learn more about the Museum and get familiar with the Stories of Civilians
- the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation will sign a memorandum of cooperation between the Museum of Civilian Voices and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Thus, the Foundation will start working with universities in Ukraine and other countries to develop and deepen the accumulated knowledge and experience at the level of public education systems. The Foundation plans to draw the attention of the scientific community, state agencies, media and society to the scientific methodology for documenting and disseminating the evidence of the war, as well as preserving the national memory of Ukraine
- The Foundation will hold an All-Ukrainian Essay Competition among the schoolchildren of 9-11 grades on the topic War in the Fate of My Family. Ambassador of the Museum of Civilian Voices, journalist Oleksiy Sukhanov will conduct an open lesson for schoolchildren on how to write essays and share life stories.
You can learn more about the events that will be taking place during the Week of Civilians on the Foundation’s accounts in social networks.
Implementing these activities, the Museum of Civilian Voices of the Rinat Akhmetov Foundation:
- becomes the basis for creating a cultural product in Ukraine and at the international level
- together with the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, develops a methodology of documenting and disseminating the evidence of the war for society, state agencies, and the media
- teaches schoolchildren to present their life stories in essay format to support their psychological well-being through the possibility to share what they have lived through
- invites leaders of public opinion to take part in the preservation of the historical and national memory of Ukraine.